[omniORB] Starting omniNames as a Windows service

Daniel Scherer Daniel.Scherer at vibro-meter.com
Wed Aug 11 08:37:40 BST 2004

Jan,

Thanks for your answer. In the meatime I got it working.

The instsrv.exe and srvany.exe files I used initially were downloaded from Microsoft's Web site. After I installed the files from a Resource Kit CD it worked fine!

Thanks again!

Daniel

>>> Jan Olderdissen <jan at ixiacom.com> 08/10/04 05:29PM >>>
I did that with 4.0.3 compiled with visual studio 7 a few days ago. No
problem.

Make sure the user the service runs as has sufficient access rights and that
you use absolute paths whenever the documentation calls for them.

Jan