[omniORB] SIGSEGV in omniFinalCleanup::~omniFinalCleanup

Rene van 't Veen rene at halotec.com
Tue Aug 10 13:36:40 BST 2004

Hello,

I've got a problem in that I keep getting a SIGSEGV in
omniFinalCleanup::~omniFinalCleanup (Linux, 2.4.18), which is called when
the dynamic shared object (omniORB4.so) unloads during exit() processing.
The problem appears to revolve arround cleaning up the references that have
been added with registerNilCorbaObject(), because these references have been
added from another dynamic shared object (of my own making) that is unloaded
*before* omniORB4.so is unloaded. The problem doesn't occur if the code that
does the corba calls is linked statically - but that would invalidate the
design, because the CORBA calling code is a plugin, loaded and unloaded at
runtime.

Anyone able to shed any light on this subject? Is there a method through
which I can avoid the segmentation fault?

Regards,

RvtV