[omniORB] c++ client and java server

olivier gaultier olg at teamlog.com
Wed Aug 4 12:41:04 BST 2004

hello,

I'm trying to run an omniorb Client (written in C++) with a server written
in JAVA.
This server run on jdk1.4.02
The client and the server do not use the naming service;
The IOR is exported in a file, red by the client;
The code works fine with a client developped with visual C++ on windows NT;
It does not work with the same code on a linux(red hat distribution)
machine.

the client returns " the application attempted to invoke an operation on a
nil reference";

it seems to be a problem with the "_narrow" invocation.
I precise The IOR is correctly red on the reference file.

The Java stub is generated in the old way with "idlj -fall -oldImplBase
Hello.idl".

please find below the source code.
(tp4.zip is the java server code)

the client c++ code (client.cpp) is the "visual c++" one; the linux code are
not different.

the client and the server run on a mounted network device in the linux
example.
the client and the server run on the same machine on the "C" device, in the
"visual C++" example.

thank for your help.

olivier