[omniORB] Assertion failed at giopImpl12.cc line 1949

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Tue Aug 3 17:37:05 BST 2004

Hello,

Anyone have any idea what might cause this error?

Server is running omniORB4.0.3 on HPUX. I think that the servant has
just finished dealing with a call, and the ORB is marshalling the
response. Server-side error is:

 > omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
using
 > omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
 >  file: ../../../../../src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/giopImpl12.cc
 >  line: 1949
 >  info: newmkr <= (omni::ptr_arith_t)g->pd_outb_end
 > omniORB: To endpoint: giop:tcp:10.2.0.32:63049. Send GIOP 1.2
MessageError because > a protocol error has been detected. Connection
is closed.

The client receives a COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalResults, COMPLETED=YES.

I'm trying to obtain a trace file but I haven't managed it yet, as the
error is tricky to reproduce.

TIA,

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!