[omniORB] Cross compiling omniORB

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Apr 30 17:29:13 BST 2004

On Tuesday 20 April, "Michael Shearer" wrote:

> I've recently cross compiled omniORB to a PowerQUICC II processor.  I
> had a few issues and I thought I would share them with the list.  Maybe
> it could be useful for someone trying to do the same thing.20
>
> According to the documentation, one should try the configure script
> first and it that fails try automake.

What documentation says that?!  The configure script specifically only
works if you are not cross compiling. omniORB doesn't use automake at
all, so that's bound to fail,

>   Well in my environment, both
> failed unfortunately.  It seems the automake files distributed with
> OmniORB 4.0.3 are out of date.

There are no automake files distributed with any version of omniORB.
What files do you mean?

The proper way to cross compile omniORB is to use the old style build
system using platform makefiles, and setting the EmbeddedSystem make
variable.