FW: [omniORB] omniORB: Unrecoverable error for this endpoint: gio p:tcp

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Apr 30 17:15:26 BST 2004

On Thursday 15 April, Vikas Gandhi wrote:

> Serguei Kolos's does break on windows. Still u mentioned that FD_SETSIZE
> does have problems in Linux. Can u tell what are these problems as I would
> love to be aware about them.

I don't think Windows has poll() at all, so Serguei's patch is bound
to fail there.

To see why you can't redefine FD_SETSIZE on Linux, just look through
the headers that define the fdset operations. Lots of things that
depend on the definition of FD_SETSIZE are defined before you have a
chance to redefine it.