[omniORB] omniEvents push array prob

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Wed Apr 28 11:32:16 BST 2004

Hi,

On 28 Apr 2004, at 03:06, caoy wrote:
>    Thank you Alex,I forgot to recompile the idl c++ mapping file after
> changed the array size in idl file. It has passed now.

Great.

>    Another question, how to change event size in codes?

I don't understand the question. The size of each event is entirely up
to you. It's a CORBA::Any - you can put a single octet into it, or a
multi-megabyte array.

But perhaps you mean something else...

> I find eventc
> can do it,but it exit after run, I feel I got nothing from it.

Perhaps you misunderstand what `eventc' does? `eventc' contacts the
EventChannelFactory (the running omniEvents server), creates a new
EventChannel and then exits.

Certain properties of the new EventChannel can be set by eventc options
[1]. These properties can only be set when the channel is created, they
cannot be changed later. `eventc' then makes an entry for the new
EventChannel in the naming service, so that your client applications
can find it. `eventc' then exits, because there is nothing else for it
to do.

> Can omniEvent set the size when it service startup?

What size?

You can change the default values for various QoS parameters by editing
the file src/defaults.h and recompiling.

>   Additionally, when
> passing events, did the client side also create a buffer to receive the
> messages?

Events are buffered in the server. You shouldn't need to buffer
incoming events in a client, since each Consumer will only receive them
one at a time.

regards,

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!

[1] - Here are the relevant eventc options (from `eventc -h'):

    -c override default CyclePeriod_ns of new channel (nanoseconds)
    -i set the InsName of new channel, to enable access via corbaloc
    -p override default MaxNumProxies of new channel
    -q override default MaxQueueLength of new channel
    -r override default PullRetryPeriod for new channel (seconds)