AW: [omniORB] omniNames + bidir = Detected GIOP 1.2 protocol error ininput message

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at tenovis.com
Wed Apr 28 10:52:17 BST 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or if it was intended.

We had the same problem. A solution to this problem is the following:

Either copy the ROOT-Context-IOR from the omninames console window and use it

or

provide the right GIOP-Version (1.2) when using

-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::1.2@<your-omninames-hostname

on the commandline.

Hope that helps.

-marco