[omniORB] Client call timeout esception

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Mon Apr 26 17:05:08 BST 2004

Hi all,

My pb is:
When a client makes a call to a server that is being debugged in a
debugger and even more stopped at a breakpoint location, the client is
frozen.
To deal with this issue I use void
setClientCallTimeout(CORBA::Object_ptr obj, CORBA::ULong millisecs);
That works perfectly!

I catch a TRANSIENT exception when the timeout occur.
But in the case of a client trying to getIOR+narrow+calls a method of a
real dead server (due to a becoming invalid IOR), I also get a TRANSIENT
exception!

Is there a way to discriminate the 2 cases
1) the timeout
2) the dangling IOR that makes a bad call

In my example it's not critical since it appears only when a server is
being debugged but we can imagine that a very overloaded machine makes a
Corba server process not able to respond to an incomming call.

Thanks for any hints

FredP

                              (
     Frédéric Prin          )