[omniORB] Running omniORBpy on AIX platform

Wang, Xiaohui Xiaohui.Wang at spirentcom.com
Fri Apr 23 18:03:43 BST 2004

Hi,
	Does anybody have any experience on running omniORBpy on AIX
platform?

	If so, please provide the information on how to build python,
omniORB and omniORBpy
on AIX platform.

	If you happened to build python, omniORB and omniORBpy on AIX
platform and ran it successfully,
please provide your configure settings for these three products.

	The situation I encountered is the following: The compiler I used is
xlc_r for CC and xlC_r for CXX
of AIX.

	1. Python 2.3.3 was built using its default setting (by running
./configure; make)

	2. omniORB 4.03 was built using its default setting (by running
./configure; gmake) and using python 2.3.3
	I built.

	3. When omniORBpy 2.3 was built, default setting is used and omniORB
4.0.3 and python 2.3.3 that were
	built in previous two steps were used.

	4. When I tried to import CORBA module from omniORB, which is from
omniORBpy,
	my python interpreter cored. The following error message was
observed:

		Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version
mismatch?)
		IOT/Abort trap(coredump)

	Anybody has any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks,