[omniORB] Problems Gigabit LAN & octets

mail at dwol.de mail at dwol.de
Thu Apr 22 09:56:02 BST 2004

Hello,

I’m using OmniOrb 4.0.3 and have two problems:

First, I tested the performance on a 100 and 1000 MBit point-to-point
LAN between two computers. Using the 100 MBit LAN, I transferred nearly
75 MBit on "user-data" each second. But, if I use the 1000 MBit LAN, I
transferred only 150 MBit each second. What is the reason of this
terrible performance?
(If I use sockets, I reach 700 MBit each seconds, the hardware and the
driver of the network cards are OK.)

Second, If I use octet sequences to transmit data between two computers,
I maximum length is only 1,5 MByte. If I will transmit larger
sequences, I’ll get "CORBA internal error messages".

If it’s possible to solve one of the problems above please let me know.,

D. Wichmann