[omniORB] SSL end point

Nicolas Pierre pierre at lifc.univ-fcomte.fr
Tue Apr 20 15:51:17 BST 2004

Hello people.

As I'm trying to figure out how exactly the SSL support works, I have
found something that I'd like to check with the list :

After some tests, I found that SSL end point can either be :
   endpoint = giop:ssl::<port>
   endpoint = giop:ssl:<ID>:<port>
with ID being either the current computer IP or its hostname.
else, you can use
   endPointNoListen = giop:ssl:<IP>:<port>
But the only IP you can use in this case is the current computer IP. You
can't rely on the default value as in "giop:ssl::<port>" or you can't
use the computer hostname, or, finaly, you can't specify another
computer. Which is logic as you would need another secure forwarding
system to use it.

So, am I right, or did I overlooked anything?

Thanks for some advice;
Bye.
Nicolas.