[omniORB] OmniORB 4.0.3 and Valgrind

Mike Mascari mascarm at mascari.com
Mon Apr 12 19:31:45 BST 2004

Michael Shearer wrote:

> Duncan,
>
> The uninitialised memory reads are the only ones I've stumbled on
> so far as well.  I was just wondering if there were others that I
> had maybe not encountered yet.

If you link in omnisslTP for the SSL transport and have a version of
openssl installed that was compiled without -DPURIFY, you can look
forward to the fun of adding more warnings to your suppressions
file. Apparently, openssl doesn't initialize memory it's using for
its PRNG. If I understand things correctly, openssl will XOR random
bytes into newly malloc()'d memory which will cause programs like
Valgrind and Purify to cry wolf...

FWIW,

Mike Mascari