[omniORB] How to pass sequence<any> as parameter from Python

Joel Wagner Joel.Wagner at veritas.com
Mon Apr 12 18:10:17 BST 2004

Alex,

You were right.  Some of the more tedious data structures I'm using were not
being constructed thoroughly enough.  Looks like you have to explicitly
initialize all members of an IDL struct (I guess I was expecting 0's or
empty strings for the ones I didn't explicitly initialize but I understand
why that might not be a good thing).  Also, any arrays of an IDL struct must
be initialized with a Python list that is the exact length of the array.
These initialization errors were pretty easy to see for the small example
structs I started out with.  It was a bit more difficult to track down for
the larger data structures used by the real server.

Thanks for your help.

Joel