[omniORB] EndPointNoListen problems, IOR problems etc.

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 12 21:43:06 BST 2004

On Wednesday 7 April, Michael Houck wrote:

[...]
> So then I tried the endPoint rules in the omniORB.cfg file, I added the
> following lines:
> endPointNoListen=giop:tcp:66.30.my.ip:

You must have given a port number here as well.

> endPointNoPublish=giop:tcp::
>
> omniNames worked, but when running the python server example, it would
> give the following errors:

I haven't trawled through the logs completely, but I suspect the
problem is that both omniNames and your server are publishing the same
address in their IORs, so your server tries to talk to itself when it
should be talking to omniNames. Take all the endPoint options out of
the config file and specify them separately on the command lines of
the different programs. With omniNames, you'll want to use the
(somewhat misnamed) -ignoreport option to prevent it adding its own
endPoint option.