[omniORB] Hanging on LOCATION_FORWARD to invalid address

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 12 21:23:54 BST 2004

On Wednesday 7 April, "Vsevolod Fedorov" wrote:

> So, I have reproduced this problem. This time using nameclt and omniMapper.
> First I started omniMapper configured to redirect to invalid location.
> Then I ran nameclt. And it hanged. And eated 100% CPU.
> As it seen from traces, it calls '_is_a' infinitely.

Thanks for finding an easy way to reproduce the problem. The problem
was that the code that handled the forwarding was failing to clear
some state about the connections, so it got confused. I've checked in
a fix. It still tries for ever, but now it keeps going back to the
original location as it should, and does an exponential back-off to
avoid using all the CPU time.