[omniORB] Implementation Repository

ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk
Wed Apr 7 12:25:18 BST 2004

Hi,

	I am implementing ImplementationRepository for omniORB. I have a C++
version with basic functionality working quite well. Now, I'd like to
implement it in Python, but got into trouble with one thing:

	How to extract object id from the reference ?

	I tried to make a fake call to the interface 'sitting' on POA with
ServantLocator and then throw my custom exception with oid supplied by
preinvoke(). But omniORB catches this exception before me and reports
unknown exception being raised (which is unfortunately true, because I
neither return a servant reference, nor I raise
PortableServer.Forwardequest). So, that's not working for me. Anybody has
an idea ho to answer the question above ? Duncan, pleease, help :-). This
is the thing you've been asking some time ago for. This is the thing I am
(so far) unable to do in Python (while I am able to do it in C++ using
IIOP::unmarshallProfile and company; that code was taken from omniORB
sources (catior)).

	This is the only thing which prevents me from iplementing the whole thing
in Python so I would be _REALLY_ happy if someone helped me with it.
Thanx.

			DDX