[omniORB] HPUX/PA-RISC 64-bits porting

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 5 14:57:08 BST 2004

On Friday 2 April, "Bhatia, Neeraj (FMS Engineering)" wrote:

> You're right, but how do I make it work. To my knowledge, omniORB is
> not supported for HPUX/PA-RISC 64bits.
>
> I am using the configure script to generate the build environment,
> followed by few changes to build/mk/beforeauto.mk file in aCC
> section:
> 1.  Replace +DAportable by +DA2.0W for CXXOPTIONS and COPTIONS
> 2.  Added IMPORT_LIBRARY_FLAGS += +DA2.0W

Try running configure like this

  configure CXX="..." CC="..."

replacing the ... with the complete compiler commands for C++ and C.
That will make sure the configure script uses the right compilers when
it does its tests.

> Is this function "make_definition" in cccp.c source file making an
> assumption about the size of a pointer to be 4 bytes?

Possibly.

> Do I need to change config-hpux.h source file?

Not if you're using the configure script. Instead, look at the
generated include/omniORB4/acconfig.h file. Does it have the correct
word sizes in it?

Once you've got omnicpp working, the next issue will be omniidl. To
make that work, make sure you configure and build Python with the 64
bit compilers, otherwise it will all blow up in omniidl.