[omniORB] Crash with omniEvents

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Fri Apr 2 03:43:02 BST 2004

Julien Chevalley <Julien.Chevalley at Ripple-Systems.com> wrote:
> My experience with omniEvents has been that it wasn't robust enough
> for use in a production environment. This was 2 years ago, so things
> might have changed since then... But back then it was quite flaky,
> especially with multithreaded event producers.

Quite correct. omniEvents 2.4.x is that old code - and it still has
problems with its threading.

I've completely re-written omniEvent for version 2.5.x. It's much more
robust and scalable than the previous implementation, though obviously
not quite so tried and tested. Try it. You might like it!

-Alex Tingle