[omniORB] Crash with omniEvents

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Thu Apr 1 23:42:14 BST 2004

Hi Piet,

Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> I installed omniEvents-2_4_1 today on MacOSX 10.3, but the eventc
> program crashes with a Bus error. Does anyone have an idea what can be
> done about this?

Hmm, It worked for me on 10.3 the last time I tried it. I assume you
applied the patch from README.gcc, otherwise you would not have got that
far.

Can you try again with the trace levels turned up, and then send me the
results? Something like this (plus any other options you need):

% omniEvents -ORBtraceLevel 30 > omniEvents.trace 2>&1
% eventc -ORBtraceLevel 30 > eventc.trace 2>&1

> By the way, does anybody know a Python implementation of the Event
> Service(not necessarily with omniORB).

Why do you want a Python implementation? I ask because it has occurred
to me that it would be neat to embed a Python interpreter inside
omniEvents, then you could write arbitrary Python code to filter or
modify events as they travel through the channel.

regards,

-Alex Tingle