[omniORB] more ILU -> omniORB questions

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Tue Sep 30 09:55:42 BST 2003

Quoting Geoff Gerrietts (geoff at gerrietts.net):

> It seems to me that CORBA and omniORB lack such a facility, being more
> focused on quality service of remote objects and less on the server
> features. If I'm wrong I would love to know, but let's assume I'm
> right.

I'm wrong. CORBA's mechanism is by far more general and more powerful.
Discussions around the web use interceptors for this purpose, and
discussions in the archives of this list suggest using interceptors
for this purpose as well.

I also note that the python API exposes interceptors now, and from the
comments in the file I think I know how to use them. Maybe I'll wiki
up something once I've got the bugger working.

Sorry to have asked first and done my proper homework later, but I
promise you that I did look first -- just not hard enough, it seems.

Thanks,
--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Punctuality is the virtue of the bored."
<geoff at gerrietts net>                               --Evelyn Waugh