[omniORB] ILU to omniORB (lengthy)

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Fri Sep 26 16:23:28 BST 2003

> I can actually make the backend do what I need it to do, as long as I
> generate from a directory that lives on my PYTHONPATH and specify that
> I want the files placed in the appropriate module. It's a little
> awkward but Makefiles were made to manage awkward.

Yes. If your makefiles have the concept of "build area" and "install
area" you can build locally. And if not you can futz around with
changing directories I suppose.

> I considered this approach, but @YOURPATHS@ has something like 70
> entries, and the namespaces would likely clash quite a bit, because
> for the last 4-5 years they have been separate namespaces.

Ouch. I didn't understand your constraint here. 70 sets of paths
*sounds* like it should be 70 modules in one or a few libraries. Sorry
about the namespace conflicts. Maybe that would not be too tough to fix
and then your installation organization (and code maintenance) would be
*much* happier.

                         - Tom