[omniORB] Hang

Aldo Nogueira aldo at tecgraf.puc-rio.br
Fri Sep 26 12:02:18 BST 2003

Hi, everybody!

I am new to omniORB and CORBA.
Sorry if my questions are to newbie ones, but I already searched the
list archives and docs without success.

I have a code(client side) that was build upon Mico, but we wanted to
switch to omniORB in an attempt to obtain better performance.

The port was very easy. We could compile a version of our program linked
with omniORB libs very quickly, but when we ran it, it hanged without
any messages.

Before it hangs, it make 2 successful calls. One getting a string and
another one getting an array of strings. In the third call the return is
an object of our idl. Then it hangs.

We ran ddd on it and didn't get any clue of what we did wrong. We
recompile omniORB from sources replacing every "-O" with "-g" on the
makefiles. We stepped ddd until the following lines before gdb itself hang.
/omniORB-4.0.2/src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/omniObjRef.cc:1051
/omniORB-4.0.2/include/omniORB4/omniObjRef.h:245

- Is it a problem with pthreads? There are 3 libpthread.so's on a
redhat9.0 system like mine. Which is the correct one?
- Or a bug of omniORB?

Thanks!

Aldo Nogueira