[omniORB] [giop 1.2 interoperability] Is omniORB compatible with GIOP 1.2 ?!?

Tomasz Bech tbech at polbox.com
Tue Sep 16 11:51:09 BST 2003

More I work with omniORB more I like it and more hate Visisbroker.
Probably I move to some open source Corba also on Delphi side.

> With short messages, less
>than 8K, the whole message fits in a single network buffer, so there's
>no need to fragment.

I found this problem much earlier, so I increased the buffer (*128) and
worked fine.
(I had problem with marshaling long sequences).
I don't know what's better - increase the buffer or switch back to giop
1.0 - ??

So I suspect also problem in omniORB - even that the buffer is huge
CORBA::ULong giopStream::bufferSize = 8192*128;
the data are still in this case streamed as several messages (my message
fits this 8192*128 bytes).
The difference here is that long wstring is marshalled. Maybe there is
another constant which tells the maximum size of  wstring/octect<w_char>
or whatever.
Any idea?
    Tomasz