[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 bug: socket leak with threadPerConnectionPolicy=0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Sep 10 21:28:26 BST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September, Bastiaan Bakker wrote:

> As mentioned in my 'omniORB 4.0.1 crash: pure virtual method call in
> giopServer.cc:973' messages, I'm seeing socket leaks with omiORB 4.0.1
> when 'threadPerConnectionPolicy=0'. Since I can repoduce it with the
> echo example client and server, I'm confident now that it's a bug in
> omniORB rather than our own code.

Thanks for narrowing this down. I've now reproduced the bug in the
current CVS version, so it hasn't been fixed. I've tracked down what's
going wrong -- the server is receiving a CloseConnection message, but
it's not clearing the connection because it decides it's still busy.
I don't know why yet, but I'll keep you posted.