[omniORB] tictactoe examples

Leonard J. Reder reder at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 8 15:07:26 BST 2003

Hello,

I have just installed omniORB-4.0.2, python-2.2.2 and omniORBpy-2.2 on a
  Solaris 2.8 Sun Workstation using gcc 3.3 and associated GNU tools.
Everything seems to have built fine and found everything on the machine.
  I started to run the examples and found that the simple echo
client/server worked fine but when I got to the tictactoe example I have
found that Threading off the TK mainloop seems to cause a problem.  I
wrote a small multithreaded python script and verified the Threading
module in python is ok.  I think there is some unknown swith or
configureation item I need when building either omniORB or omniORBpy.
Here is the output from the client side of the example:

helena:/home/keck/opt/omniORBpy-2.2/examples/tictactoe>gameClient.py
-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::mythos.jpl.nas
a.gov:10010/NameService
Adding parser accelerators ...
Done.
No games in the GameFactory
GameBrowser initialised
Player_i created
Player_i created
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
helena:/home/keck/opt/omniORBpy-2.2/examples/tictactoe>gameClient.py
-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::mythos.jpl.nas
a.gov:10010/NameService
Adding parser accelerators ...
Done.
No games in the GameFactory
GameBrowser initialised
Shutting down the ORB...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "gameClient.py", line 523, in ?
     orb.run()
   File "/home/keck/opt/lib/python2.2/site-packages/CORBA.py", line 494,
in run
     sys.modules["CORBA"] = omniORB.CORBA
omniORB.CORBA.BAD_INV_ORDER: Minor: BAD_INV_ORDER_ORBHasShutdown,
COMPLETED_NO.
[27270 refs]
helena:/home/keck/opt/omniORBpy-2.2/examples/tictactoe>

I have run the same example on my Linux box and it seems to work
perfectly. If interested I can send my config.log files.

Any replies will be appreciated.

Len

Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: reder at huey.jpl.nasa.gov
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address: