[omniORB] Omniorb4 and Visual C++ and hash problem

Bartosz Zembrzuski Bartosz.Zembrzuski at softax.com.pl
Thu Sep 4 14:27:26 BST 2003

Hi

Recently I've tried to port my omniOrb programs from omniOrb 3.0.5 to
4.0.2. I'm using VC++ 6.0 and STLPORT 3.2.1 (native VC++ STL library was
not enough efficient :) )

omniOrb 3.0.5 works fine, but when I compile against 4.0.2 I've got
following error:

c:\omni402\include\omniorb4\omniinternal.h(296) : error C2955: 'hash' :
use of class template requires template argument list

d:\users\bartek\test\narzedzia\stlport\stlport\stl_hash_fun.h(40) : see
declaration of 'hash'

I've searched archive of this group, and found someone reported similar
problem in 1999, but only answer was to change include order or not to
use "using namespace std".

Both solution doesn't work for me, because I'm mainly use STL classes
and sometimes use omniORB so I can't delete "using namespace std", and
also I cannot prevent someone includes STL header before omniORB one.

Has someone any idea, how to solve my problem ?

Thanks in advance