[omniORB] omniNames library

Johan Cronje jcronje at dsp.sun.ac.za
Thu Oct 30 14:11:33 GMT 2003

Hi all

Can anyone tell me, when omniNames starts, where it expects the file
"libomniORB4.so.0" to be, or how I can find out? I ask because a while back I
built omniORB 4.0.2 from source for my SuSE 8.2, and it runs fine. Today I
built the same one (from the original tarball) for two debian testing
machines, with the same configure options, but when I try to run omniNames I
get:

omniNames: error while loading shared libraries: libomniORB4.so.0: cannot open

On my SuSE and both the debian boxes the lib is in /usr/local/lib/ and the
executable is in /usr/local/bin/ .

Thank You
Johan

--
"There is beauty in simplicity"		-- Johan Cronje
Johan Cronje