[omniORB] Linking problems on OS X

Burton, Craig CBurton at verisign.com
Tue Oct 28 09:07:57 GMT 2003

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago in Project Builder.  It's not an omniORB problem, per se.  What I found was that the dynamic libraries needed to be specified in two places:
	1. 'Files' tab:
		External Frameworks and Libraries
			libomniORB4 (actual library names on your system)
			libomnithread
	2. 'Targets' tab:
		<Your Target>
			Summary
				Settings
					Search Paths
						Libraries
							/usr/local/omniORB/lib (your location may vary)

When you run the resulting application from a shell, remember to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the location of the omni libraries (if you use dynamic linking).  I believe you can specify this in PB as well, but I haven't tried that.

Hope this helps.