[omniORB] returning sequence on solaris 2.8 causes seg fault

Fred Cook ftcook at allvantage.com
Sun Oct 12 16:36:30 BST 2003

Hi all,

We are having a rather odd problem with our Solaris 2.8 port.  We are returning a sequence var from an
operation (details below).  When this operation is executed the program seg faults at the return
statement.  This same code has been ported to NT and Linux, which both work correctly.  We have poked
around a bit and have discovered that the seq fault only occurs when the length of the sequence is > 0.
When the length is 0, the solaris port throws the same exception as Linux and NT,but at least it doesn't
seg fault.  We built omniORB4.0.0 with gcc 2.95.3 and python 1.5.3, both were obtained from
sunfreeware.com.  Anybody have any ideas?

XSeq_var XSeqVar = new XSeq();
XSeqVar->length(1);        // length > 0 makes it seg fault.
XSeqVar[0] = XVar;        // put something in the sequence, but not needed, it will seg fault anyway.

return XSeqVar._retn();

Thanks

-Fred