[omniORB] optional values

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Tue Oct 7 12:59:33 BST 2003

Quoting Gary Duzan (gduzan at bbn.com):
> with maximum length 1, where the sequence is empty if the value is
> omitted and the first element holds the value if it is specified. For
> example:

> #include "Foo.idl"
>
> module Bar {
>   typedef sequence<Foo, 1> optional_Foo;
>
>   interface BarInterface {
>     void do_something(in long x, in optional_Foo y);
>   };
> };
>
> The servant can check the length of y to see if the value is there.

Elegant and clean. Thank you very much for the insight; this list has
been very helpful in getting me past these little speedbumps in the
best way possible. As I've said to many: my experience moving from
ILU to omniORB has gone much better than I could have expected,
largely because the community has been so supportive.

Thanks again!
--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Whenever people agree with me I always
<geoff at gerrietts net>     feel I must be wrong." --Oscar Wilde