[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.2 and omniORBpy 2.2 released

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Oct 6 11:32:54 BST 2003

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Rob Riggs wrote:
>
>> I think that the following change should be made to the spec file in
>> order to properly pass the optimization flags:
>>
>> %build
>> - make CCFLAGS+="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" all
>> + make IMPORT_CPPFLAGS+="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" all
>

> I haven't had a chance to look at alternatives, but istm that setting
> preprocessor flags won't in principle do any good for optimization. Is
> IMPORT_CPPFLAGS the only variable which is not munged by the makefiles?

I saw no other way to pass $RPM_OPT_FLAGS to the build system.  We are
abusing the variable for preprocessor flags to pass C++ compiler
optimization flags.  Ideally we would fix the makefiles, either by
adding an IMPORT_CXXFLAGS variable or changing the makefiles so that
CXXFLAGS itself can be passed in without being munged.  I can do either
if that's what everyone would rather see.

BTW, we should do something similar for the omniORBpy rpm build process
as well.

-Rob