[omniORB] Re: compiling v4.0.x with MSVC++ v5 sp3

Dietmar May dcmay at dmis.com
Wed Nov 26 14:34:54 GMT 2003

A known significant problem with MSVC++ 5.0 is that exceptions thrown
from within a contructor are broken: the vtable-lookup code is off by 4
bytes, and the attempt to throw an exception causes (in most cases) an
access violation. The problem is fixed in 6.0.

I don't know if any of the omniORB code throws an exception from within
a constructor -- if so, VC++ 5 will fail there sooner or later.

Dietmar