[omniORB] HPUX issue: makefile that produce libCOSDynamic4.sl

Tingle, Alex Alex.Tingle at bronermetals.com
Tue Nov 25 15:24:20 GMT 2003

Fred,

> I'm facing a pb while distributing omniORB 4.0.1 for HPUX.

I don't get this problem with omniORB 4.0.3 on HPUX-11. Why don't you try
upgrading?

I notice that you are linking your application with '-AA +DA1.1'. I'm sure
you are aware that objects compiled with these options are not
binary-compatible with objects that have been compiled with different
settings for -A or +DA. It might be worth double checking that all of
omniORB was compiled with these options.

There are other problems with your link-line. For example, the option
'-Wl,-E' is only meaningful when you are building a shared library;
'-lpthread -D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD' is set for you by '-mt'. You might want to
cut out the unnecessary stuff, as it'll make it easier to establish what's
causing the problem.

-Alex