[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.3 and omniORBpy 2.3 available

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Mon Nov 24 12:03:22 GMT 2003

> Is there already someone that builds SuSE RPMs? If not, I will be glad to do
> it, I just need some help with building RPMs as writing spec files and all
> that is still a bit grey to me.

No, I'm not aware of anyone building SuSE RPMs (though you should check
the SuSE distro and contribs to see if someone is already doing so).

If everything on SuSE is close enough to Mandrake and RH, then you just
need to grab the source RPM (omniORB-4.0.3-1.src.rpm) and then do the
following as root (root is easiest but not required; let me know if you
don't have root access and I'll post the details on building as another
user):

rpm -ivv omniORB-4.0.3-1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/RPM/SPECS
rpm -ba omniORB.spec

If this completes successfully, then install the RPMs written to
/usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586 (or whatever architecture you are building for;
use whatever is the default for SuSE which I'll guess is i386):

cd /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586
rpm -Uvh omniORB-*4.0.3*

Then do the same process for omniORBpy. Post the RPMs to a web site or
send them to me as an attachment and I'll post them for you. In either
case we'll mirror them for you.

Oh, there is a shortcut for building which should work (but you'll need
the stuff above if you run into problems):

rpm --rebuild omniORB-4.0.3-1.src.rpm

This is from memory, so ymmv.

                         - Tom