[omniORB] compiling v4.0.x with MSVC++ v5 sp3

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Nov 21 12:13:50 GMT 2003

On Thursday 13 November, baileyk at schneider.com wrote:

> As I commented out the lines which caused the internal compiler errors,
> eventually I got more mundane errors concerning socket structure field
> names.  So my opinion at this point is that the combination of omniORB
> v4.0.x and MSVC++ v5 sp3 would be very challenging to make work.  I'd
> suggest removing all mention of MSVC++ v5 from the READMEs.

I don't have convenient access to VC++ 5, so I can't have a go
myself. Can anyone confirm what Kendall says?  If so, and assuming
nobody can come up with a sensible work-around, I'll update the list
of supported platforms.

Kendall (or anyone else), are you able to see if libraries compiled
with VC++ 6 work with VC++ 5?