[omniORB] unix domain socket corbaloc

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Nov 20 13:42:49 GMT 2003

On Friday 14 November, Rene Jager wrote:

> This patch allows you to specifiy unix domain socket transport in a
> corbaloc (and thus in a corbaname). The syntax is as follows:
>         corbaloc:uiop:SOCKET:/KEY

Thanks. I have checked in the patch, with a few small changes. The
most obvious one is that I changed the scheme name from uiop to
omniunix, to make it obvious that it is a proprietary omniORB
extension. The syntax is therefore now

  corbaloc:omniunix:SOCKET:/KEY

The other main change is to use a pointer instead of a reference with
a default value in the omniIOR constructor. I have a feeling that the
code with the reference would have tripped up some compilers.