[omniORB] unix domain socket corbaloc

Rene Jager renej.frog at yucom.be
Fri Nov 14 21:12:22 GMT 2003

I've posted this already but with a wrong subject... sorry
here it is again:

maybe the following addition can be added to omniORB?

------
This patch allows you to specifiy unix domain socket transport in a
corbaloc (and thus in a corbaname). The syntax is as follows:
        corbaloc:uiop:SOCKET:/KEY

As opposed to:
        corbaloc:iiop:HOST:PORT/KEY

The last ':' is used to seperate the socket path from the '/' which is
the standard delimiter between address and KEY. So instead of HOST:PORT
you supply a path to the socket. Example:
        corbaloc:uiop:/tmp/omni-sockets/my_socket:/my_object_key

The extra ':' is only necessary when the 'uiop' address is the last
before the '/KEY' part. Example:
        corbaloc:uiop:/tmp/sock1,uiop:/tmp/sock2:/my_key

As you can see, the ',' after '/tmp/sock1' makes the extra ':'
unnecessary.
------

diff is attached

renej