[omniORB] AIX: pure virtual method called

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Wed Nov 12 11:48:39 GMT 2003

In Message <02e501c3a937$d50ed3c0$250f0aa2 at Renzo> ,
   "Renzo Tomaselli" <renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it> wrote:

=>Gary,
=>    our issue looks pretty different. We can see no problems in catching
=>exceptions even across shlibs. The point is that they *disappear* (or at
=>least their virtual table is invalidated) after a while, e.g. after being
=>caught. There is certainly a time factor involved, since waiting in a catch
=>for a couple of seconds grants such failure for sure (which appears as
=>random otherwise).
=>If we are able to marshal the exception back (or to rethrow a similar fresh
=>one), there's no problem at all. That's why I suspect about a concurrent
=>thread, although I can't figure out how such thread might interfere with
=>another's one stack, unless there is a big big mess in AIX thread library.
=>Or unless there's some delayed trouble in stack handling while
=>throwing/catching between two different shlibs.

   It could be that the problem is somewhat different from the one
reported, but it may still be a compiler problem.  So if you are looking
for something to try, a newer compiler version still might help.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company