AW: [omniORB] Visual Studio Custom Build and omniidl

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at tenovis.com
Wed Nov 12 16:23:03 GMT 2003

> Is there someone that uses Visual Studio project (DSP) to
> compile IDL with
> omniidl with a Custom Build Step ?

We use something like this:

In Custom builds commands:
cd $(InputDir)
omniidl -bcxx -Wba -Wbh=I.hh -Wbs=IS.cxx -Wbd=DynIS.cxx ..\$(InputPath)

In Custom builds Outputs:
$(InputDir)\$(InputName)I.hh
$(InputDir)\$(InputName)IS.cxx
$(InputDir)\$(InputName)DynIS.cxx

* as you can see: the build commands does not depend on a specific filename
* there is no need for -Wbh -Wbs -Wbd to be used. we use it for historical
reasons
* Stubs will be generated into the same directory as the idl-files
* We use separate *.dsp for the sole purpose of compiling the idl files
* We insert the Idl.dsp's into the workspace of the target project and set
the dependencies in the workspace

-marco

> If yes please, tell me how to make the generated files of
> interface.idl,
> say interface.cpp and interface.h be part of the DSP and be
> automatically
> compiled ?

I think this does only work if the idl-compilation is done in a separate
"idl-project" (as metioned above). The target project compiles the generated
interface.cpp/interface.h

The generation of interface.cpp/.h is done by the Idl.dsp - Project

If you compile the target project(interface.cpp/.h) the IDE will check the
dependencies first and build the idl.dsp first if needed

-marco