[omniORB] InitRef syntax in a config. file

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Wed Nov 12 15:17:10 GMT 2003

> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:35:31 +0100
> From: Le Flour Thierry <leflour at lapp.in2p3.fr>
> Subject: [omniORB] InitRef syntax in a config. file
[...]
> I am trying to configure the notify deamon thru a config. file
> When i set the name service reference with the following syntax :
> InitRef = NameService=IOR:010000002b0......
> or with the syntax InitRef = NameService=InitRef =
> NameService=corbaname::my.host.name
> i always get the same error :
>        Property name "InitRef" is not a valid Server, QoS or Admin
> Property name
>
> Any idea ?

Hmmm... A config file that only contains the line

  InitRef = NameService=IOR:010000002b00000049444c3......

or

  InitRef = NameService=corbaname::my.host.name

works fine for me (normal omniORB, not omniNotify as I guess that you
are referring to, but I assume that the syntax is identical). Your
second example is definitely wrong unless you made a typo (the "InitRef
= NameService=InitRef = ..."). You should only have "InitRef" on the
left side of " = ".

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark