[omniORB] debug error in solaris 2.9

Shifeng ZHANG zsfdev at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 11:15:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

Recently I ported my omni-project codes from linux to
solaris. However, I can not debug omniORB related
programs correctly on my solaris sun-fire server. For
example, when I tried the eg2_impl from echo example,
I got below information:
"
shzhang:~/testcode/echo > gdb eg2_impl
GNU gdb 5.3
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.9"...
(gdb) b main
Segmentation fault
"

Sometime I also got "Bus error" instead. The omniorb
was compiled with gcc 3.3.
The configureation of sun-fire server:
OS: solaris 2.9
gcc:
         Configured with: ../gcc-3.3/configure --
   prefix=/usr/local/pkgs/gcc-3.3
         Thread model: posix
         gcc version 3.3
gdb: