[omniORB] only part of giop message was send.

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Nov 6 14:45:39 GMT 2003

On Thursday 6 November, "zhanhai" wrote:

Please don't send base-64 encoded HTML to the omniORB mailing list!

>  When we try to call operation of object provided by java
> implemented server, using jacorb as the ORB, from our omniorb based
> application, only part of giop message was send out. Then the server
> side keeps waiting for t he remain message while omniorb considered
> the whole message was send out and no more message will be posted .
>
> Following is the original message send out by omniorb:
>     ll_send: 62 bytes
>     4749 4f50 0100 0003 0000 0032 0000 0001 GIOP.......2....
>     0000 002a 5374 616e 6461 7264 496d 706c ...*StandardImpl
>     4e61 6d65 2f4c 7563 656e 7450 4f41 2f11 Name/LucentPOA/.
>     2a39 4d06 163c 1918 0125 404a 2234      *9M..<...%@J"4
>
> From the message, we can see only 'messageheader' + 'object key' was
> send, other fields such as 'operation name' and 'arguments'
> disappeared.

That is a complete GIOP message. It's a LocateRequest. You helpfully
cut off the bit of the omniORB trace that told you that.

> We are using omniorb 3.0.4 for hpux11.0.
> Any suggesstions ?

1. Complain to the JacORB developers that it isn't responding to
   LocateRequests. (Or update to the latest version if you aren't
   using it already.)

2. Temporarily use -ORBverifyObjectExistsAndType 0 command line
   arguments to prevent omniORB from sending LocateRequests.