[omniORB] omniORB client to ORBit server

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Thu Nov 6 08:10:07 GMT 2003

Please see

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2003-October/024387.html

which is a post I made recently on building a DLL from omniORB stubs.  Of
course you will still need to give your customer your IDL, or equivalent
documentation of your interfaces.  The generated header files are not the
best form of documentation for your DLLs.

You may also want to read

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2003-October/024392.html

which clarifies some details.

Kendall

                      Peter Van Osta
                      <pvosta at unionbio-eu.com>             To:       omniORB list <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>, ORBit list
                      Sent by:                              <orbit-list at gnome.org>
                      omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-        cc:
                      support.com                          Fax to:
                                                           Subject:  [omniORB] omniORB client to ORBit server

                      11/06/2003 06:43 AM
                      Please respond to pvosta

Hi,

I would like to connect an omniORB client running on MS-Windows 2000 and
XP to an ORBit server running on RedHat Linux 7.x and 8.x.

I have read that omniORB can be used in MS Visual C++ 6.x ? Could we
build a ".dll" which we could provide to a customer to build his own
application and let them use use the ".dll" or do we have to provide the
IDL-file for them to compile themselves.

Best regards,

Peter Van Osta

Union Biometrica N.V./S.A.
European Scientific Operations (ESO)