[omniORB] Autoconf macros that automatically detect omniORB.

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Sun Nov 2 13:52:01 GMT 2003

I've completed a set of Autoconf macros that automatically detect omniORB
(versions 3 & 4). They are still at a fairly experimental stage, so I'd
appreciate comments and suggestions.

It's been tested on:

      AIX 5.1 / xlC_r 5.0
      HPUX 11.00 / aCC A.03.37
      Linux x86, Debian 3.1 / g++ 2.95.4
      Solaris 2.8 / CC 5.3
      Tru64 4.0F / cxx 6.2

My initial project has been porting omniEvents to the autoconf build
environment. You can download a tarball from here:

  http://www.firetree.net/omnievents/

I'm aware that there is a set of CORBA macros available at
http://corbaconf.kiev.ua/ but I decided not to use these for two reasons:

1. The author has asserted his copyright, and has not released the
   software under any license that allows me to use it.

2. It does not support omniORB4, and even support for omniORB3 is patchy
   (it doesn't detect the omniORB3 installation on my Debian box, for
   example).

My macros are explicitly licensed under the same terms as those you'll
find in the GNU Autoconf Macro library (GPL with a special exception
that allows unlimited use of the macros' output). They allow you to
search specifically for omniORB3 or omniORB4, or both.

Give them a go, and let me know what you think.

regards,

-Alex