[omniORB] Problem to narrow EventChannel on Windows

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri May 30 14:28:21 BST 2003

On Saturday 24 May, RAHON Daniel wrote:

> We have some problem to narrow an EventChannel in C++ on Windows.

[...]
> On windows "obj" in not nil but the _narrow generates an access violation
> error.

It's most likely a DLL linkage issue. You are presumably using the COS
stubs library. When you #include it, it ought to set up the correct
DLL imports, but I guess it isn't. You might try #defining
USE_stub_in_nt_dll before #including the COS stub headers. Make sure
you are building your application code with compatible options to the
omniORB libraries, too.