[omniORB] Problem to narrow EventChannel on Windows

RAHON Daniel Daniel.RAHON at ifp.fr
Sat May 24 19:34:58 BST 2003

Hello,

We have some problem to narrow an EventChannel in C++ on Windows.
We use OmniORB 4.0 and both Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0.
The Event Channel is created and binded on the name service by a JacORB
server.
We also use a JacORB names service.

Here is the code we use to get the event channel
     CORBA::Object_var obj = nc->resolve(name);
     eventChannel = CosEventChannelAdmin::EventChannel::_narrow(obj);
It works fine on linux (with a server on linux or on windows).

On windows "obj" in not nil but the _narrow generates an access violation
error.

When I try to _narrow my own objects I don't have any problem.

I also tried to dump the IOR of the eventChannel with the "nameclt" tools to
use a string_to_object method but the result is the same.

Does anyone already faced this problem?

Many thanks.
DR