[omniORB] RE: omniORB-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 420

Hautesserres, Thomas thomas.hautesserres at managedstorage.fr
Fri May 23 17:01:02 BST 2003

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:27:13 +0100
> From: Silvia Andreia Rocha <silvia.rocha at SE.EFACEC.PT>
> Subject: [omniORB] omniidl and Visual C++ v.6.0
> To: omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to build a project in VC++ 6.0 (NT 4.0) but I'm
> having a problem.
> I've searched the mailing list's archives but I didn't find anything
> related.
>
> I've created a configuration build for omniORB
> (Build->Configurations),
> and associated the IDL files (Project->Setting) with a few commands,
> including the idl compilation with omniidl (of course). But
> when I try to
> build the same error always occurs:
>
> The name specified is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>
> Has far as I can tell this refers to the command line:
> omniidl -bcxx ......

As Rene said, you have to put the complete path to the IDL compiler before
the command.

One thing you have to know is that commands executed by the VC++ build tool
seem to ignore your PATH setting, which is usually set to include the bin
directories of your favorite tools.

Here are the settings we use for a IDL file custom build in VC++ 6.0:

Commands :
cd ..\..\idl
call ..\..\Common\C++\tools\compileIDLtoC++.bat $(InputName) ..\C++\idlgen

[where:
	..\..\idl is the directory containing the IDL files relative to the
VC++ project dir, and
	..\..\Common\C++\tools the path of the compileIDLtoC++.bat script
tool relative to the IDL directory
	..\C++\idlgen is the directory where the files must be generated,
relative to the IDL directory
The compileIDLtoC++.bat is an home made script encapsulating the call to
omniidl (see attached file).
]

Outputs:
..\idlgen\$(InputName).h
..\idlgen\$(InputName)SK.cpp

Dependencies: Add any IDL files the IDL file is depending on (i.e. it
includes recursively).

Ask me if you need more help.

Thomas