[omniORB] Dynamically enabling and disabling endPoints?

Mike Harris mike_harris at filemaker.com
Tue May 20 17:03:58 BST 2003

I'd like to be able to programmatically add and remove endpoints.

Specifically, I'd like to remove an endpoint that is listening on a
specific port in via TCP and then add an endpoint on that same port via
SSL.

My server will need to support TCP or SSL, but not both.  One or the
other, depending upon configuration parameters.  However, the ORB must
continue to service another endpoint on another specific port.

1  endPoint, on a specific port, for TCP.
2  another endPoint, on another port, that may use TCP or SSL.  (I will
not know which protocol until I find out information specifying the
protocol on the first endPoint.)

I would like to start the ORB with only the first endPoint.  Then when
I know the protocol selected for the second endPoint, I would like to
add it.

Should I use multiple ORBs?

Mike