[omniORB] omniThreading and Python threads

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue May 20 13:58:08 BST 2003

On Thursday 15 May, Scott Robertson wrote:

> I'm using omniThreadnig for  CosTransaction::Current. The code segfaults
> whenever I explicitly create a threads in python. In other words if I
> ever try to create more than one thread in a python client it core
> dumps. It looks like my per-thread data structures are not being
> initialized. What do I need to do in order to make this work?

I don't quite follow what you are trying to do. Are you trying to
start threads in C++, then call from them into Python code?  If so,
you need to set up the Python thread state, and acquire the Python
interpreter lock before you do. See pyThreadCache.h and .cc in
omniORBpy.

If that isn't what you're trying to do, what is?